* The Buddy State Notification plugin no longer prints duplicate
notifications when the same buddy is in multiple groups. (Florian
* The Buddy State Notification plugin no longer turns JID's, MSN
Passport ID's, etc. into links. (Florian QuÃ¨ze)
* purple-remote now has a "getstatusmessage" command to retrieve
the text of the current status message.
* Various fixes to the nullprpl. (Paul Aurich)
* Fix a crash when accessing the roomlist for an account that's not
connected. (Paul Aurich)
* Fix a crash in purple_accounts_delete that happens when this
function is called before the buddy list is initialized.
* Fix use of av_len in perl bindings to fix some off-by-one bugs
* On ICQ, advertise the ICQ 6 typing capability. This should fix
the reports of typing notifications not working with third-party
clients. (JaromÃr KarmazÃn)
* Many QQ fixes and improvements, including the ability to connect
using QQ2008 protocol and sending/receiving of long messages.
The recommended version to use is still QQ2005.
* Fix a crash with DNS SRV lookups. (Florian QuÃ¨ze)
* Fix a crash caused by authorization requests. (Florian QuÃ¨ze)
* Add support for IM images. (Adam Strzelecki)
* Gadu-Gadu now checks that UID's are valid. (Adam Strzelecki)
* Gadu-Gadu now does proper charset translations where needed. (Adam
* Fix an error with offline messages by shipping the *new*
"Microsoft Secure Server Authority" and the "Microsoft Internet
Authority" certificates. These are now always installed even when
using --with-system-ssl-certs because most systems don't ship
those intermediate certificates.
* The Games and Office media can now be set and displayed (in
addition to the previous Music media). The Media status text now
shows the album, if possible.
* Messages sent from a mobile device while you were offline are now
* Server transfers after you've been connected for a long time
should now be handled correctly.
* Many improvements to handling of "federated" buddies, such as those
on the Yahoo network.
* Several known crashes have been resolved.
* Many other fixes and code cleanup.
* Respect your privacy settings set using the official MySpace client.
* Add support for blocking buddies.
* Fix a bug where buddies didn't appear in their correct groups the
first time you sign into your account.
* Properly disconnect and sign out of the service when logging off.
* Support for foreground and background font colors in outgoing IMs.
* Support for background font colors in incoming IMs.
* Many other fixes and code cleanup.
* Fix insanely long idle times for Sametime 7.5 buddies by assuming
0 idle time if the idle timestamp is in the future. (Laurent
* Fix a crash that can occur on login. (Raiko Nitzsche)
* Fix a crash when a malformed message is received.
* Don't allow connecting accounts if no server name has been
specified. (Florian QuÃ¨ze)
* Fix the namespace URL we look for in PEP reply stanzas to match
the URL used in the 'get' requests (Paul Aurich)
* Resources can be set to the local machine's hostname by using
__HOSTNAME__ as the resource string. (Jonathan Sailor)
* Resources can now be left blank, causing the server to generate a
resource for us where supported. (Jonathan Sailor)
* Resources now default to no value, but "Home" is used if the
server refuses to provide a resource.
* Quit trying to get user info for MUC's. (Paul Aurich)
* Send "client-accepts-full-bind-result" attribute during SASL
login. This will fix Google Talk login failures if the user
configures the wrong domain for his/her account.
* Support new
Avatar. (Paul Aurich)
* Fix SHA1 avatar checksum errors that occur when one of the bytes
in a checksum begins with 0. (Paul Aurich)
* Fix a problem with duplicate buddies. (Paul Aurich)
* Corrected maximum message lengths for Yahoo!
* Fix file transfers with older Yahoo protocol versions.
* Enable auto-reply, to emulate 'zaway.' (Toby Schaffer)
* Fix a crash when an account is configured to use tzc but tzc is
not installed or the configured tzc command is invalid. (Michael
* Fix a 10 second delay waiting on tzc if it is not installed or the
configured command is invalid. (Michael Terry)
* On GTK+ 2.14 and higher, we're using the gtk-tooltip-delay setting
instead of our own (hidden) tooltip_delay pref. If you had
previously changed that pref, add a line like this to
~/.purple/gtkrc-2.0 (where 500 is the timeout (in ms) you want):
gtk-tooltip-timeout = 500
To completely disable tooltips (e.g. if you had an old
tooltip_delay of zero), add this to ~/.purple/gtkrc-2.0:
gtk-enable-tooltips = 0
* Moved the release notification dialog to a mini-dialog in the
buddylist. (Casey Ho)
* Fix a crash when closing an authorization minidialog with the X
then immediately going offline. (Paul Aurich)
* Fix a crash cleaning up custom smileys when Pidgin is closed.
* Fix adding a custom smiley using the context menu in a conversation
if no custom smilies have previously been added using the smiley
* Improved support for some message formatting in conversations.
* Allow focusing the coversation history or userlist with F6.
* Fixed the Send Button plugin to avoid duplicate buttons in a single
* Double-clicking a saved status will now activate it and close the
saved status manager, rather than edit the status.
* Allow binding meta+arrow keys for actions.
* Added default meta+erase binding for delete previous word.
* Added "Show When Offline" to buddy menus, so a plugin is no longer