AMD Catalyst Drivers Vista 64 12.1 Vista 64
* AMD HD3D technology support enhancement
- Enables support for AMD HD3D technology in conjunction with AMD CrossFireX configurations
- Delivers a new Stereo 3D mode over HDMI 1.4a connections - 1080p at 30Hz is now enabled on supported displays
* AMD Catalyst™ Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center enhancements – Application Profiles
- AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview driver enables users to create per application profiles to individually control 3D and CrossFireX settings for Direct3D applications
- Please be sure to select the “Restore Factory Defaults” option under the Catalyst™ Control Center Preferences menu before using the new application profiles feature – this ensures there are no compatibility issues between previous drivers and the new AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview driver with regards to application profiles
* AMD Catalyst™ Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center enhancements – Video UI improvements
- AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview driver includes user interface enhancements to simply adjustment of video color and video quality controls
# Resolved Issues for the Windows® Vista Operating System
* This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 software suite for Windows® Vista. These include:
* Ejecting the disc during Blu-Ray/DVD playback using WinDVD no longer causes the system to crash.
* 3D content playback using PowerDVD now correctly used hardware acceleration.
* Poor performance is no longer randomly experience when playing World of Warcraft, Metro 2033 and Starcraft II at high in-game settings.
* Medal of Honor now correctly displays all in game settings.
# Resolved Issues for the Windows® 7 Operating System
* This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 software suite for Windows® 7. These include:
* The in-game mouse cursor no longer randomly disappears while playing Alien vs Predator.
* Enemy Territory – Quake Ware will no longer experience intermittent crashes when in a 3 monitor Eyefinity™ configuration.
* Water texture is now rendered correctly in Enemy Territory – Quake Wars
* Dirt 2 does not exhibit stuttering when run in DirectX® 9 mode.
* Playing Crysis 2 with in Crossfire mode no longer experiences random graphics corruption or game instability.
* Random corruption and screen flicker is no longer observed while playing Dragon Age 2 with Tri-Crossfire enabled.
* Lost Planet 2 no longer crashes after game launch when run in Crossfire mode.
* Lost Planet 2 and Tom Clancy HAWX2 no longer experience random game hangs/black screens when run at high in game settings.
* Water textures in World of Warcraft running in DirectX® 9 mode no longer appear corrupted.
* The game “Rage” no longer experiences intermittent hangs when Crossfire is enabled.