NVIDIA Forceware 301.42 WHQL Vista
* New GPU Support:
- GeForce GTX 690
- GeForce GTX 680
- GeForce GTX 670
- GeForce GT 600-series GPUs
* Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 296.10 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- GeForce GTX 570/580:
> Up to 23% in Just Cause 2 with SLI
> Up to 21% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
> Up to 17% in StarCraft II with SLI
> Up to 14% in Far Cry 2 with SLI
> Up to 9% in Bulletstorm
> Up to 7% in Civilization V
> Up to 6% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI
> Up to 6% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI
> Up to 5% in Metro 2033 with SLI
> Up to 5% in Total War: Shogun 2
- GeForce GTX 560/560 Ti:
> Up to 20% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
> Up to 15% in Just Cause 2 with SLI
> Up to 13% in Far Cry 2 with SLI
> Up to 12% in Bulletstorm
> Up to 11% in Civilization V
> Up to 10% in StarCraft II with SLI
> Up to 9% in Batman: Arkham City
> Up to 4% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI
> Up to 4% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI
> Up to 4% in Metro 2033 with SLI
> Up to 4% in Total War: Shogun 2
* NVIDIA FXAA Technology – shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. FXAA is supported on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. Note: This feature is disabled for games that already have built-in support for FXAA. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
* NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync – dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience. Adaptive VSync is supported on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
* NVIDIA Frame Rate Target – dynamically adjusts frame rate to a user specified target. Support for this feature is enabled via third party applications via NVAPI. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
* NVIDIA Surround Technology – Adds the following new Surround capabilities.Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
- Add in a fourth accessory display with GeForce GTX 600-series to get access to your email, web, or other applications while you game.
- Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode (enabled by default).
- Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display (enabled by default).
- Enable bezel peeking – a feature which enables users to temporarily peek behind the monitor bezels using a hotkey (Ctrl + Alt + B). This feature is designed to be used in conjunction with bezel corrected resolutions.
- Add or remove resolutions from the list of Surround resolutions (only those selected will be available to applications).
- Full center display acceleration for single wide display modes (center display must be connected to the master GPU).
* NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Alan Wake
- Call of Juarez: The Cartel
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
- Left 4 Dead
- Orcs Must Die!
- Portal 2
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Risen 2: Dark Waters
- The Darkness II
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Crusader Kings II
- Max Payne 3
- Sniper Elite V2
- Street Fighter X Tekken
* NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- All Zombies Must Die! – rated Fair
- Ghosts 'n Goblins Online – rated Good
- Oil Rush – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Postal III – rated Good
- Rayman Origins – rated Good
- SevenCore – rated Fair
- Stacking – rated Good
- Unigine Heaven Benchmark v3.0 – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Wargame: European Escalation – rated Good
- Warp – rated Good
- Wings of Prey – rated Fair
- Krater – rated Poor
- Adam's Venture Episode 1- rated Poor
- Blacklight: Retribution – rated Poor
- The Darkness II – updated in-game recommended settings
- Depth Hunter – updated profile
- Dirt: Showdown – rated Good
- Passion Leads Army Benchmark – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Resident Evil: Operating Raccoon City – Rated Fair
- rFactor 2 – changed rating to 3D Vision Ready
- Trackmania 2: Canyon – rated Fair
- Unigine 3.0 Heaven Benchmark – updated profile
- World of Tanks – changed rating to Excellent.
* Other Details
- Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0213.
- Installs HD Audio v22.214.171.124.
- Supports OpenGL 4.2
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600-series.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.