PowerArchiver 11.50 BetaBETA
Brand new ZIP Engine:
* Multicore deflate zip engine, almost 8x faster on i7 than single core systems.
* Improved speed of zip compression and extraction on any occassion.
* Support for LZMA, PPMd, BZIP2 and WAVPACK in ZIP, according to latest ZIP standards.
Both write and read support, making PowerArchiver only application that supports
Winzip 12 and earlier files, while providing faster and stronger compression (up to 8x)
compared to WinZip 12.
* Multicore LZMA engine for ZIP.
* Support for Unicode in ZIP, both read and write. Implemented throughout application.
* Faster loading of archives with thousands of files.
* Full Windows 7 support with jump lists, taskbar progress and taskbar icon overlays.
* First application with new DirectSkin 6.0 engine that supports Windows 7 (32bit).
PA Shell Extensions 2.0
* Added Extract MRU shell extensions.
* Added Compress to MRU zip shell extensions.
* Added FTP profiles in shell extensions, ftp directly to selected account via shell.
* Moved backup to standalone application for easier handling, faster load times.
* You can add multiple folders in backup filelist.
* Considerably faster zip backup when handling 10,000+ files.
* Better info on files/folders in file list (number/size).
* Fixed major issue with 7-Zip backups and larger number of files.
* Interface improvements in Modern interface - faster and better looking.
* Interface improvements in Classic interface - more MRU's, more usable.
* New Add window in main Powerarchiver, most usable options are now shown on first screen.
* You can now select multiple folders in all folder selection windows (backup, tools, etc).
* Optimized 7-Zip's Optimized compression - Ultra and Max feature stronger compression now.
* Added New Folder and Network buttons in Add window, improved look of other icons.
* Unicode support for other formats that support unicode in rest of PowerArchiver interfaces.
* Added method property in file list and properties window.
* Other smaller improvements, and more major ones coming.
* Fixed Bug #1000: No caption in burner taskbar under special conditions.
* Fixed Bug #987 : Doubleclick on file sometimes uses 100% cpu if preview is on.
* Fixed Bug #303 : Support for multiple selection in burner.
* Fixed Bug #958 : D&D inside of folder in archive does not save path properly.
* Fixed Bug #997 : Cant align toolbar properly when some windows are on (Preview, etc).
* Fixed Bug #969 : Various burner options shown in shell/starter even if Standard.
* Fixed Bug #970 : CRC error when not enough space on disk (rar).
* Fixed Bug #703 : Cancelling extraction of large files takes long time.