# All platforms
* NEW: The mouse cursor snaps to a corner of the host computer's desktop if it exits the VNC Viewer window within a certain distance of a corner (configurable via the PointerCornerSnapThreshold parameter), making it easier to trigger hotspots under the latest operating systems (particularly Windows 8 and Mac OS X 10.8).
* Improved support for Windows 8.
- Under Windows 8, connection notification messages are now displayed on the Start screen as well as in the Desktop app.
- Under Windows 8, Desktop Duplication replaces VNC Mirror Driver as the optimal screen capture mechanism in most circumstances.
* VNC authentication passwords are now created using the vncpasswd utility, rather than specified using multiple parameters.
* FIXED: If connection notifications are disabled, messages are no longer shown when subsequently logging on to an account on the host computer.
* FIXED: Multiple and collated copies of documents can now be printed to local printers.
* FIXED: VNC Server no longer monitors the host computer’s clipboard so frequently, minimizing clashes with applications such as Excel.
* FIXED: VNC Server no longer displays erroneous 10061 error messages when starting up on slow computers.