# ENHANCEMENTS TO THE BUILD SYSTEM
* FreeBSD and NetBSD are now fully supported by the build system.
* Translation files are now generated at build time, reducing SVN download time. Thus, it is now also possible to limit the number of UI translations during build time to save time and disk space.
# ENHANCEMENTS TO THE SCRAPBOOK:
* Items can now be copied, cut, pasted and deleted in the Scrapbook
* Users can now select the Scrapbook folder when they are copying an item to the Scrapbook.
# RESOURCES AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT:
* We have started adding new resources to the Scribus package, especially templates and colour palettes (among others Australian, British, French, Japanese and US national/government standard colour sets and Resene(R) colour palettes).
* Template categories and names are now also available in German and Hungarian.
* Standardised palettes are now protected from being inadvertently modified by a user.
# FILE IMPORT:
* Scribus is now protected against crashes caused by images with an embedded and faulty ICC profile.
* The restriction of not offering import of Windows and OS/2 bitmap files (BMP) has been removed.
* Some import issues with EPS files that don't conform to the specification have been resolved.
* A script ("Autoquote") has been added to the Script menu that converts straight quotes in a text frame to correct quotation marks for many languages.
* As of Scribus 1.3.9, hyphenation patterns for traditional German and Swiss German spelling are available.
* Important parts of the Online Help have been rewritten or updated, and many new pages have been added. This is part of a major effort to align the information available via the Online Help with both Scribus's current feature set and the capabilities of the supported operating system platforms.
* Translations of the Online Help have been temporarily disabled, since they need to be synchronised with the English version once the update is complete.