VMware Player 5.0.1
# Resolved Issues
* When powering on a virtual machine with Binary Translation on a SMEP-capable CPU, Player no longer causes the host to reset. If you run Windows 8 hosts on IvyBridge processors, VMware strongly recommends that you update your installation of Player.
* Several security vulnerabilities have been addressed, including updating third party libraries.
* For host systems with more than 4GB of memory, Player will use more of the available memory to run virtual machines.
* The ability to mount a .vmdk file as a drive by right-clicking the file in File Explorer has been restored.
* Occasionally, certain elements in the Windows 8 user interface were incorrectly displayed. This has been fixed.
* After disconnecting certain USB devices from a virtual machine, Player would prevent devices from being reconnected without restarting the virtual machine. A more comprehensive error handling code has been added to prevent this problem from occurring.
* To improve application startup performance, the data being collected as part of the optional User Experience Improvement Program will no longer be aggregated on every launch of Player.
* Easy Install on the Linux version of Player now recognize all compatible operating systems.
* The VMware monitor has been updated to work with Linux kernel 3.5.
* Animated cursors are now displayed correctly in a virtual machine.