VMware Player 4.0.2
# Highlights functionality include:
* Ubuntu 11.10 is supported as a host.
* Fedora 16 is supported as a guest.
* Many customer-reported issues have been resolved.
# Resolved Issues:
* The ACLs on the PID files needed improvement. VMware thanks Inode0 for bringing this to our attention.
* Releasing input from the guest to the host, for example, moving the cursor from the virtual machine window to the host screen, failed with an unrecoverable error.
* Copying and pasting from a guest to an Ubuntu 11.10 host failed.
* Shared folders did not work in Fedora 16 and OpenSuse 12.1 guests.
* In Ubuntu 11.10 hosts, key repeat was disabled after ungrabbing or quitting VMware Player.
* On a Windows host, a virtual machine configured to use a physical disk or partition failed to power on if the host had a volume backed by more than one physical disk, for example, a RAID system.