Eudora 8.0.0 Beta 6
Includes Penelope version 0.5a3.
Using Thunderbird 3.0b2 source code.
- Better way to remember the states of the folder and thread panes when
switching between message and mailbox tabs.
- Added the pref "penelope.attachments.detachOnDblClick" which controls whether
double-clicking on attachments detaches them from the message or just opens
them. It is on (true) by default. There's UI for it in the Penelope
- When pref for opening mailboxes in tabs is turned on, auto-open of mailboxes
will detect if the mailbox is already open in a tab and not open a new copy.
- Fixed bug where messages opened in tabs would not show the correct content if
the message pane was hidden in the folder view.
- Fixed the "important" tag from randomly appearing. This bug may still occur
to messages downloaded with Eudora 8 beta 5 or earlier. All messages
downloaded with Eudora 8 beta 6 or later should not see this problem.
- The Layout submenu in the View menu is now shown.
- Default pref to not show the about:rights notification bar.
- Changed the Archive menu item to use Ctrl/Cmd+
instead of the plain "A" that Thunderbird uses.
- Now preventing auto-marked-as-read behavior when a message gets auto-selected
when switching tabs.
- Incorporated Add New Toolbar functionality in Formatting tab of the
Customize Toolbar dialog.
- Removed special toolbar items (separators, spaces, springs/flexible spaces)
from the Extras panel.
- Fixed bug where in a new installation you customize the toolbar and then hit
Cancel and the text on the toolbar buttons shows up.
- Customize Toolbar dialog now repositions when the toolbar changes.
- Fixed the auto-name filter feature when matching against tags.
- Fixed bug where attachments were not getting imported from Classic Mac Eudora.
- IMAP messages were getting expunged when they should not have.
- Longer line length for IMAP logging.
- Use of cmd+M to do a mail check improved.
- The pref directory for auto-saving attachments is now working.
- By default attachments are saved to the pref directory rather than asking for
a directory each time.
- Fixed some menu item conflicts which caused the Paste As Quotation menu item
to disappear from the Edit menu of composition windows. May also be the cause
of this bug:
- Removed phantom menu item in the Tools menu caused by id change.