Hamachi 126.96.36.199 Beta
- Modified Hamachi to fall back to low-speed relays if direct p2p connection is not possible. Earlier versions required explicit opt-in for this feature.
- Per-tunnel bandwidth for low-speed relaying has been increased to 8 KB/sec. Strictly speaking this is a relay-side option, but it is listed here to provide a context for the previous item.
- Added one-time warning messages that are displayed when Hamachi encounters 'unreachable' or 'low-speed relayed' tunnels for the first time. These messages link to the following web page that explains details of each condition -
- Added an option for compressing peer-to-peer traffic. The algorithm used is a standard 'deflate' (also used in RFC'd IPCOMP, TLS and others). Depending on the type of the traffic the compression rate may be as high as 50-60%.
- Tunnel compression is a global client-side preference. The traffic is compressed between any two clients that have this option enabled. This is premium feature. See 188.8.131.52 release notes for details.
- Updated logo images in Hamachi installer.
- Singed all binaries with LogMeIn publisher certificate. This is the reason for installation package size increase.
- Added a number of provisions to improve compatibility with Vista. Hamachi should now install on recent Vista betas without any external tweak.
*** NOTE that there is a known bug in Vista that may result in Hamachi's window getting all screwed up when it is resized or moved. This is a bug in Aero (transparent glassy window thingy), it is not Hamachi-specific, Microsoft has been notified.