AVG Free Edition 2012.0.1796 (32-bit)
# FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
* AntiRootkit: Improved detection of new variants of Alureon rootkit.
* Anti-Rootkit: Fixed several false positive detections.
* AvgSys: Fixed issue with scan of dynamic hard drives.
* Core: Fixed crash during scan of registry.
* Core: Polymorphic malware detection methods have been optimized.
* Core: Some false alarms removed.
* Core: More flexible virus definitions.
* Core: Improved heuristic detection.
* Core: Optimization of "Scan files referred in registry" in Resident Shield.
* Documentation: Instructions on fixing the most frequent technical issues have been added to chapter Troubleshooting in Help.
* Identity Protection: New RogueAV detection was added to IDP component.
* General: AVG products allow sound notifications for specific alerts.
* General: Added support for Anti-Rootkit exceptions.
* General: Added copyright information on third party resources.
* Kernel: End of MS Outlook 2000/2002 support.
* Kernel: Fixed issue with Resident Shield exclusion list when Kerio mail server is installed.
* Online Shield: Fixed HTTP traffic corruption when AVG Accelerator is enabled.
* Outlook: Fixed compatibility issue with Alt-N Outlook Connector.
* Outlook: Fixed Outlook addin compatibility with additional e-mail accounts.
* Safe Search: Fixed crash in Google Chrome when BitDefender TrafficLight is enabled.
* Safe Search: Fixed LinkScanner crash during common browsing.
* Safe Search: Optimization for framesets implemented.
* Safe Search: Fixed issue with https Facebook not showing verdict icons in Google Chrome.
* Safe Search: Safe Search is no longer in conflict with Australian Taxation Office website.
* Setup: Fixed crash when saving log files in setup.
* Setup: Fixed issue with detection of competitive products.
* Setup: Setup will ask for restart if the installation of Microsoft redistributables requires it.
* Setup: Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 is detected as conflicting application.
* Toolbar: Brand new toolbar implemented.
* Toolbar: Toolbar introduces a new feature for private browsing.
* Update: Last update time displayed in AVG user interface changes only if the update was successful.
* Update: Fixed crash on Windows Server 2003.
* User Interface: Several components were grouped together to reduce number of components in overview.
* User Interface: Fixed handling of duplicates in Resident Shield exceptions list.
* User Interface: Added default settings for advanced "Identity Protection settings" dialog.
* User Interface: Added support for In-application store.
* User Interface: Fixed notification about logged in users in restart request dialog.
* User Interface: The "Ignore the state of this component" option is only available from advanced settings.