Beyond Compare 4.1.2
# Notable Changes
- Improved performance and stability, especially under OS X.
- Fixed connection issues introduced by IPv6 support.
- Numerous bug fixes and tweaks.
- Added support for creating new .tar.bz2 archives.
- Newly created archive files are now initialized with default data instead of being created as zero byte files.
- Fixed creating a new 7-zip .7z archive.
- Fixed load error when loading a snapshot of an empty folder compare.
# File Formats
- Removed no longer supported .dbf mask from built-in MS Excel file format.
# File Views
- Fixed "Keep file read-only" option when saving a file.
# Folder Compare
- Linux 32-bit: Fixed "Value too large for defined data type" error when interacting with files larger than 2GB.
- "Align filenames with different extensions" no longer affects folders, except to align them with archives.
- "Open With" and "Copy Filename" now use URL paths instead of "profile:" based ones.
- Sort by extension is now case insensitive.
- Added warning panel if "Suppress Filters" is used with "Ignore Folder Structure" when folder filters may be excluding files.
- Fixed "Ignore Folder Structure" not applying name filters for folders added externally and detected as part of a fast refresh.
- Fixed "Exclude protected operating system files" filter not being respected if "Ignore Folder Structure" is active.
- OS X/Linux: Fixed "Hide Log" not being remembered.
- OS X/Linux: Fixed "Attributes" dialog not showing the octal representation.
- OS X/Linux: Improved rules-based comparison performance regression relative to v3.
- Fixed issues with IPv6 support.
- Fixed connecting to an FTP site using a URL that includes the password.
- Fixed SFTP errors connecting to certain versions of OpenSSH with AES GCM enabled.
# Home View
- Windows: Fixed black fringes around various graphics at > 100% DPI scaling.
- Linux: Fixed warning message when installing from RPM if symbolic link to libbz2.so.1.0 already exists.
- OS X: "Browse File System", "Browse Using Profile", "Open File", and "Save File" dialogs now include hidden items based on Finder's "Show All Files" setting.
- OS X: Hidden files/folders are now shown ghosted in "Browse Using Profile" dialog.
- Windows: Fixed archive files not appearing in the "Browse Using Profile" dialog if Explorer's "Hide known file extensions" option is active.
- OS X/Linux: Improved text comparison performance.
- Fixed context sensitive help on tabbed dialogs.
- Windows: Fixed size of menu checkmarks on high DPI displays.
- Windows: Fixed taskbar jumplist subcategories on Windows 8+.
- OS X: Fixed broken font and color panels on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
# Picture Compare
- Windows: Fixed loading .bmp files with extra padding after the file header.
- OS X: Fixed Picture Compare Reports not showing correctly in Safari.
- Windows: Fixed garbage characters being logged for FTP URLs that include passwords.
# Table Compare
- Windows: Fixed loading .xlsx files in translated releases.
- Windows: Fixed conversion error loading MS Excel .xlsx files that worked in 4.0.
- OS X: Fixed various crashes.
- Fixed folder compare crash when the active "Align With" item is removed externally.
- Fixed folder compare crash when changing folder filters while a flattened comparison is loading.
- OS X: Fixed crash when "Home" button is hidden from the toolbar.
- Windows: Fixed crash while saving HTML Picture Compare Report if bitmap does not have 32-bit color depth.
- Fixed crash when loading workspace with undefined Z-orders.
- Fixed crash on startup when loading workspaces before sessions.
- Fixed crash when importing unsupported auto-saved sessions.
- Linux: Fixed crash when closing the Refresh tip dialog.