# Functionality Added or Changed
- Support for the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 protocols has been disabled because they provide weak encryption. Support was added for the TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 protocols.
- yaSSL was upgraded to version 2.3.7.
- The valid date range of the SSL certificates in mysql-test/std_data has been extended to the year 2029.
# Bugs Fixed
- InnoDB: A multiple-table delete operation caused the server to halt.
- Replication: If a DROP DATABASE statement failed on the master, mismatched tables could be left on the slave, breaking replication. This was caused by the DROP TABLE statement being binary logged if at least one table was deleted during the DROP DATABASE operation. The fix ensures that in such a situation the DROP TABLE statement is binary logged with the IF EXISTS option.
- Unlocking a temporary table after locking and truncating it could cause a server exit.
- The Enterprise Encryption plugin could mishandle string arguments.
- FLUSH TABLES on a FEDERATED table failed if the table had been idle longer than the wait_timeout time plus the TCP keepalive time.
- Selecting all columns from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES did not reopen tables if they were in the table cache, but selecting a subset of those columns under the same conditions did reopen tables.
- MySQL failed to compile with GCC 4.9.1 in debug mode.
- A file created for an internal temporary table could cause problems if the file was orphaned for some reason and the file name was reused for later queries.