Thunderbird 44.0 Beta 1
- Improved warning pages for certificate errors and untrusted connections.
- Enable WebM/VP9 video support on systems that don't support MP4/H.264.
- Enable H.264 if system decoder is available.
- Windows XP and Vista screensaver doesn't disable when watching videos (Bug 1193610).
- Warning page when RC4 is the only supported cipher.
- Firefox will no longer trust the Equifax Secure Certificate Authority 1024-bit root certificate or the UTN - DATACorp SGC to validate secure website certificates.
- To support unicode-range descriptor for webfonts, font matching under Linux now uses the same font matching code as other platforms.
- Use a SHA-256 signing certificate for Windows builds, to meet new signing requirements.
- Right click on a logged object in the console to store it as a global variable on the page.
- Visual tools for Animation:
* View/Edit CSS animation keyframe rules directly in the inspector.
* Visually modify the cubic-bezier curve that drives the way animations progress through time.
* Discover and scrub through all CSS animations and transitions playing on the page.
- Visual tools for Layout and Styles:
* Display rulers along the viewport to verify size and position and use the measurement tool to easily detect spacing and alignment problems.
* Use CSS filters to preview and create real-time effects like drop-shadows, sepia, etc.
- New memory tool for inspecting the memory heap.
- Jump to function definitions in the debugger with Cmd-Click.
- The rule view now displays styles using their authored text, and edits in the rule view are now linked to the style editor.
- Service Workers API.
- Built-in JSON reader to intuitively view, search, copy and save data without extensions.
- WebSocket Debugging API and add-on.
- Add-on signing enforcement.