Wireshark 1.11.3 (64-bit) BetaBETA
# Bug Fixes
* "On-the-wire" packet lengths are limited to 65535 bytes.
* "Follow TCP Stream" shows only the first HTTP req+res.
* Files with pcap-ng Simple Packet Blocks can’t be read.
* MPLS-over-PPP isn’t recognized.
# New and Updated Features
* Qt port:
- The About dialog has been added
- The Capture Interfaces dialog has been added.
- The Decode As dialog has been added. It managed to swallow up the User Specified Decodes dialog as well.
- The Export PDU dialog has been added.
- Several SCTP dialogs have been added.
- The statistics tree (the backend for many Statistics and Telephony menu items) dialog has been added.
- The I/O Graph dialog has been added.
- French translation has updated.
- The Follow Stream dialog now supports packet and TCP stream selection.
- A Flow Graph (sequence diagram) dialog has been added.
- The main window now respects geometry preferences.
* Mac OS X packaging has been improved.
* Dissector output may be encoded as UTF-8. This includes TShark output.
* Wireshark now uses the Qt application framework. The new UI should provide a significantly better user experience, particularly on Mac OS X and Windows.
* The Windows installer now uninstalls the previous version of Wireshark silently. You can still run the uninstaller manually beforehand if you wish to run it interactively.
* Expert information is now filterable when the new API is in use.
* The "Number" column shows related packets and protocol conversation spans (Qt only).
* When manipulating packets with editcap using the -C <choplen> and/or -s <snaplen> options, it is now possible to also adjust the original frame length using the -L option.
* You can now pass the -C <choplen> option to editcap multiple times, which allows you to chop bytes from the beginning of a packet as well as at the end of a packet in a single step.
* You can now specify an optional offset to the -C option for editcap, which allows you to start chopping from that offset instead of from the absolute packet beginning or end.
* "malformed" display filter has been renamed to "_ws.malformed". A handful of other filters have been given the "_ws." prefix to note they are Wireshark application specific filters and not dissector filters.
# Removed dissectors
* The ASN1 plugin has been removed as it’s deemed obsolete.
* The GNM dissector has been removed as it was never used.
# New Protocol Support
* 29West, 802.1AE Secure tag, ACR122, ADB Client-Server, AllJoyn, Apple PKTAP, Aruba Instant AP, ASTERIX, ATN, Bencode, Bluetooth 3DS, Bluetooth HSP, Bluetooth Linux Monitor Transport, Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth Low Energy RF Info, CARP, CFDP, Cisco MetaData, DCE/RPC MDSSVC, DeviceNet, ELF file format, EXPORTED PDU, FINGER, HDMI, HTTP2, IDRP, IEEE 1722a, ILP, iWARP Direct Data Placement and Remote Direct Memory Access Protocol, Kafka, Kyoto Tycoon, Landis & Gyr Telegyr 8979, LBM, LBMC, LBMPDM, LBMPDM-TCP, LBMR, LBT-RM, LBT-RU, LBT-TCP, Lightweight Mesh (v1.1.1), Linux netlink, Linux netlink netfilter, Linux netlink sock diag, Linux rtnetlink (route netlink), Logcat, MBIM, MiNT, MP4 / ISOBMFF file format, MQ Telemetry Transport Protocol, Novell PKIS certificate extensions, NXP PN532 HCI, Open Sound Control, OpenFlow, Pathport, PDC, Picture Transfer Protocol Over IP, PKTAP, Private Data Channel, QUIC (Quick UDP Internet Connections), SAE J1939, SEL RTAC (Real Time Automation Controller) EIA-232 Serial-Line Dissection, Sippy RTPproxy, SMB-Direct, STANAG 4607, STANAG 5066 DTS, STANAG 5066 SIS, Tinkerforge, Ubertooth, UDT, URL Encoded Form Data, USB Communications and CDC Control, USB Device Firmware Upgrade, VP8, WHOIS, Wi-Fi Display, and ZigBee Green Power profile
# New and Updated Capture File Support
* Netscaler 2.6, STANAG 4607, and STANAG 5066 Data Transfer Sublayer
# Major API Changes
* A more flexible, modular memory manager (wmem) has been added. It was available experimentally in 1.10 but is now mature and has mostly replaced the old emem API (which is deprecated).
* A new API for expert information has been added, replacing the old one.
* The tvbuff API has been cleaned up: tvb_length has been renamed to tvb_captured_length for clarity, and tvb_get_string and tvb_get_stringz have been deprecated in favour of tvb_get_string_enc and tvb_get_stringz_enc.