Zoom Player Home FREE 11.0.0
* New thumbnail based view mode for the Media Library fullscreen navigation interface with kinetic scrolling!
- You can specify which media library category should display in thumb view mode using the Media Library category editor or through the "functions / settings" page in the fullscreen media library navigation interface.
- Thumb view mode automatically uses background threads to scrape for information (thumbnails and other meta-data) from media files within the media library.
- Bumping on the left/right sides using a keyboard or remote control brings up custom functionality such as "Go to first entry", "Go up a folder" or "Switch sorting mode".
- Bumping the first or last thumb rows using a keyboard or remote control shows a momentary glow effect to signify navigation has reached the start or end of the thumbnail display. Pressing up or down once again using the keyboard or remote control scrolls to the other end of the thumbnail display.
- Holding down on a thumbnail (with the mouse button or by touch) or Pressing Enter with a keyboard or remote control brings up a mini-menu with options to "play the media file", "erase the media file", "open the full function menu" and "go back to the category list". The mini-menu automatically times out after 3 seconds or you can close it manually by pressing left on the left side. The two functions on the right side of the mini-menu ("erase media file" and "go back to the category list") are customizable through the advanced options dialog.
- To return to the category list using a keyboard or remote control, you can press "Left" on the first entry. By default, bumping left will go to the first entry, so a few left clicks will quickly show the category list.
* New thumb view section in the advanced options dialog featuring all the settings available to control Zoom Player's thumb view user experience.
* The media library category editor has gained a new category configuration dialog used to enable thumbnail view mode, control the thumbnail layout for the category and lock the category with a password.
* The media library fullscreen navigation interface's "Settings" page can now be used to switch between list view and thumbnail view as well as control whether thumbs are scaled or cropped to fit within the thumbnail area.
* The default Onyx skin and the bundled AlbaHD skins have been enhanced with clean mouse-hover animation effects for all buttons on the main user interface, the playlist editor and the equalizer window.
* The 'Navigation Style' fullscreen navigation interface can now be used to switch between background patterns on skins that allow you to set a custom background pattern.
* You can now password protect a media library category to prevent children from accessing prohibited content directly from the media library fullscreen navigation interface.
* Features that highlight a portion of the timeline (AB-Repeat, creating ring tones, etc) now show position markers for the start and end points as well as the duration of the highlighted range.
* New 4K resolution version of the Alba skin control bar, now accessible through the skin selection dialog (press "N" or access through the right-click menu).
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) that controls whether the media library lists content that matches a category type or shows the content based on the media library filter.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) to Automatically select the last viewed file/folder when entering a folder. This setting requires play history's "save last play time" setting enabled to function.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Control Bar / Timeline Area) that determine if timeline markers are shown with features that highlight a portion of the timeline
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface) to force the Playlist editor to remain on-top when switching to fullscreen mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface) to force the Equalizer to remain on-top when switching to fullscreen mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface) to invert the text view's colors. The new text file viewing default is Black background with white text.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / On Screen Display / Tags) to use the folder/embedded image as a stretched and darkened background for the image itself. Enabled by default.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) that enables using the navigation "Enter" key action on a media library category list to open the category at the root folder.
* Volume widgets now show the volume percentage as a hint when hovering over with the mouse cursor.
* Zoom Player now supports MadVR's automatic black-bar video detection and window size changes when the "Auto-Size User Interface to maintain Video Aspect Ratio (when resizing)" setting is enabled.
* The Multi-Part file loader's "Automatic Match" setting can now detect and add into the playlist GoPro series of media files.
* The "Options / About" page will now specify if your copy of Zoom Player is a life time (free upgrades for life) license.
* The internal image decoder now supports GIF decoding (only still images, does not support animating GIF files).
* New "fnThumbViewMiniMenu" function that Shows/Hides the media library's ThumbView mode's Mini-Menu.
* New "unchecked" icon used throughout several fullscreen navigation interfaces to clarify usage experience.
+ All media library categories have been automatically converted to thumbnail view mode. You can restore each category to list view mode using the media library category editor (Shift+"M") or through the settings page on the media library fullscreen navigation interface.
+ Modified how Zoom Player loads, shaving about 900ms off the load time,which on the development system accounts for a 36% faster load time.
+ Zoom Player file tracker is now compatible with qBitTorrent v3.2.
+ The backspace key can now be used with all fullscreen navigation interfaces to quickly go up to a previous folder or all the way back to the main fullscreen navigation interface.
+ The backspace key no longer clears the playlist on the playlist fullscreen navigation interface.
+ The "Media Scanner" and "Remove folder(s) from categories" entries in the fullscreen media library's category list, now display a message indicating these interfaces are not available when navigation "safe mode" is enabled.
+ The media library fullscreen navigation interface's "Filter List" page has been renamed to a now more expanded "Settings" page.
+ The checkboxes on the Media Library's fullscreen navigation "Sort" and "Settings" pages are now clickable with the mouse or touch input.
+ The checkboxes on the File Browsers's fullscreen navigation "Sort" and "Filter List" pages are now clickable with the mouse or touch input.
+ Zoom Player used the term 'Directory' and 'Folder' interchangeably, to prevent confusion, all references should now appear as 'Folder'.
- When viewing the main fullscreen navigation interface in grid mode, the description could appear as "???" when using a non-english language pack.
- The media library fullscreen navigation interface did not highlight previously seen image files when the setting to 'Highlight previously viewed files' was enabled.
- Navigation scroll acceleration (when holding down or quickly tapping a keyboard or remote control button) didn't reset the acceleration when using a different navigation key.
- The keyboard macro list and right-click context menu file were not updated to the latest version in the original v10.0.0 release.
- Maximizing and then Minimizing the main player window lost the maximized window state and non-maximized window size.
- Playing a new video with MadVR set as the video renderer while the player window was in a maximized state lost the maximized window state and non-maximized window size.
- Using functions that shows a file open/save dialog and keeping the dialog window open until the internal screen saver started, caused the user interface to become unresponsive.
- Fixed a few small memory leaks.
- With the "Nav-Left goes up a directory before entering the Drive/Category list" setting enabled, clicking the "<" icon in the media library triggered a "folder up" action instead of returning to the category list.
- Fixed a crash when trying to close the player with certain fullscreen navigation interfaces open and uTorrent/qBittorrent/eMule file tracking was enabled.
- The "Screen-Center Playlist when switching to Fullscreen / Zoom mode" setting did not actually screen-center the playlist editor.
- Trying to set file association with UAC enabled under Windows 7 would erroneously show a 'this feature is not supported by the FREE/PRO version' dialog.
- Pressing the "5" key on the keypad with num-lock disabled would interfere with fullscreen navigation's 'quick search' functionalityand regular keyboard navigation until ESC was pressed.
- Fixed a few possible crashes when closing Zoom Player.