The GIMP 2.6.0
GIMP 2.6 is an important release from a development point of view. It features changes to the user interface addressing some often received complaints, and a tentative integration of GEGL, the graph based image processing library that will eventually bring high bit-depth and non-destructive editing to GIMP.
* Toolbox Menubar Removed
* Toolbox and Docks are Utility windows
* Ability to Pan Beyond Image Border
* Renamed Dialogs menu to Windows.
* Keep a list of recently closed Docks and allow reopening them.
* Make opening images in already running GIMP instances work better on Windows.
* You can now enter the image zoom ratio directly in the status bar.
* Added support for using online help instead of a locally installed GIMP Help package.
* Make it possible to lock tabs in docks to prevent accidental moving.